Living with Intention
Have you ever felt like you were living on autopilot, just going through the motions day after day?
I have been reading about living a more “intentional life” and how making just a few small shifts in how you go about your day can create a life full of meaning and purpose.
Identifying & Aligning with your Whys
According to a great article from Simply + Fiercely, the first step to living with intention “is knowing what you want—what are your values, dreams, priorities and goals? Why do you get out of bed each morning? Who are your most important relationships? What is your purpose, and what makes you feel alive?”
This will guide you in the next step of aligning your actions to support what is important to you. Is how you are spending your time, your money and your energy lining up with what matters most to you? If not, it’s time to make time for the things that will fulfill you and time to have the courage to let go of the things that may be holding you back.
Begin Living with Purpose
Now that you have identified what fulfills you, it’s time to implement those things in your life. For example:
- If quality of time & movement are important to you, you may take a walk with your spouse or a friend.
- If you want self-care to be a priority, incorporate your favorite activities into your daily or weekly schedule.
- If you’d like to improve your relationship with God, you could read a daily devotional and begin attending church weekly.
14 Ways to Be Intentional
The folks at Balance Through Simplicity have a great list of “14 Ways to Be Intentional” that can get you started in the right direction of living a more purposeful life.
- Have a clear structure for your day.
- Be careful with your money.
- Declutter your home.
- Define your priorities & goals.
- Invest your time wisely.
- Strengthen your important relationships.
- Cultivate a positive mindset.
- Develop healthy habits.
- Be aware of your mental health.
- Prioritize self-care and self-reflection.
- Plan, prepare and get organized.
- Consume social media mindfully.
- Practice gratitude.
- Avoid comparison, and focus on your life.
How will YOU choose to live more intentionally today?