Did you know that you can boost your brain health by simply drinking water? It’s true!
Drinking Water’s List of Health Benefits
Staying hydrated by drinking water is such an easy, simple task that has many health benefits, yet many people don’t make it a priority. Here is a list of just SOME of the benefits:
- It cushions the brain, spinal cord, and other sensitive tissues.
- It helps your organs and cells work properly.
- It lubricates joints.
- It delivers oxygen throughout the body.
- It helps maintain blood pressure.
- It greatly aids in digestion.
- It flushes body waste.
- It regulates body temperature.
- It prevents kidney damage.
- It improves your skin.
- It boosts your energy.
- It can curb cravings to aid in weight loss.
There you have it: 11 reasons you should make sure you’re drinking enough water each and every day! When you make staying hydrated a priority, your body – and your brain – will greatly benefit.
Add Variety to Your Drinking Water
Don’t like the taste of water…or want to make water more exciting the natural way? Try these ideas:
- Add slices of orange, lemon, or lime for a refreshing taste and an appealing look.
- Infuse water with fresh berries, pineapple or melon.
- For a fresh, clean taste, slice cucumbers and add to your water.
- Flavor water with fresh mint leaves, basil or ginger.
- Drink sparkling water or seltzer for a calorie-free but thirst-quenching change from flat water.
You can search the internet and apps like Pinterest for all sorts of infused water recipes. Have fun experimenting!
Be sure to check out next month’s blog post for another great cognitive health tip!
Want to read past cognitive health tips? Visit my website’s blog at https://pameladixon.com/news/category/cognitive-health/